Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

July Photo Dump

It seems that every month is speeding up. Does anyone else feel that? It's like I go through my life as normal, then all of a sudden, it's like, oops! It's almost August! In the spirit of filling you all in as best as I can with photos, here's a quick little post full of snapshots about what my life has been like this July.


I made these skewers for a Fourth of July party that I attended! I bought strawberries, blueberries, and a premade pound cake. I cut the pound cake into cubes and made as many skewers as I could!


I spend a few hours on the 5th of July with my family in Dana Point. I could honestly look at this view all day.


I travelled to Seattle in the second week of July, and while I'm not normally a person to take plane-window photos, I found this too beautiful to ignore. I'm sappy, get over it.


The most amazing french toast ever at Portage Bay Cafe near the University of Washington--this is three thick slices of challah, french toasted with an oatmeal crust, berry compote, and vanilla crème anglaise drizzle. There's a berry bar as well, so we got some fruit as well. I'm still salivating over how delicious it was. (I shared this and the dish below with a friend)


Summer vegetable frittata at Portage Bay Cafe! It had peas, spinach, fava beans, and ladysmith cheese. It was topped with arugula and a vinaigrette, served with fruit and this awesome toast on the side. If you're at UW, definitely make time to eat here, it's amazing!


So if you squint, you should be able to see Mt. Rainier in the picture! This was taken as we walked around UW's campus. In all, I think we walked eight miles before two p.m. that day.


Naturally, we had to stop for coffee and a snack at Cafe Solstice, where I had an iced chai tea latte, my friend had a latte, and we split an (enormous) oatmeal raisin cookie. So tasty! I don't understand how people don't like oatmeal raisin cookies. 


The library at UW. The architecture at the school reminded me a lot of my high school's architecture and the East Coast, so I simultaneously felt homesick and at home. But this library is gorgeous and, even though I don't ever study in libraries, can definitely appreciate such a beautiful home for books.


I ran a 5k in Gas Works Park the day I left Seattle--it was a women's race, and pretty much an entirely flat out-and-back course, so it was a lot of fun! I haven't run a 5k (or even more than a mile) since November, so it was cool to see that my time actually didn't change at all! You could also read this as me saying I'm really slow


It was along the water and so green. I really had a fun time. I walked two miles each way to get to the race, and it was a very fulfilling start to my day.


When I finally got back to LA, I made a trip to my local Trader Joe's, stopping at Native Foods Cafe for a spot of lunch on the solo. I had their amazing vegan taco salad, which I highly recommend, accompanied by half lavender lemonade/half green tea. It's always so amazingly delicious!


My boyfriend and I met up with some people for Friday night Jazz at LACMA, where we sat on the grass and hung out for a few hours. However, after seeing so dang many Instagrams of this lamppost installation, I was so gutted to see that this thing is tiny. Maybe fifty feet by fifty feet. I had expected something a little more impressive, I think... needless to say, I will not post an Instagram joining the ranks of artsy LACMA-inspired ones. 

What do you have planned for the rest of the month? I'm hoping to get a banana bread recipe photographed and posted, so get excited! 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment