Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

The USS Midway Museum

On Thursday, my friend L and I drove down to San Diego for a little day trip. We arrived around noon, ate lunch, and then spent our afternoon touring the USS Midway Museum. The Midway is a former aircraft carrier, and it's now permanently docked in San Diego as a naval aircraft museum.

Here's a little photo dump of the various things spotted along the highly enjoyable and informative tour. I absolutely loved exploring the ship--we spent three hours on the ship listening to the audio tour, talking to the docents, and reading all of the plaques. If you have a few hours to kill, I would recommend visiting.













And after our tour, we decided to pull a proper Spring Break move and head to Mexico. Of course we didn't actually go to Mexico, but we drove up to the border fence and took a few pictures. Maybe next time I'll bring my passport!


We got back to LA just in time to catch Scandal, but I was far too tired to watch. I was asleep by 10:30, drained after our long day. After traveling almost five thousand miles across the country over Spring Break, I'm happy to rest my head at home. Another thing I'm excited about? Getting back to my kitchen!

We'll be back to our regularly scheduled content after this post--but I've loved sharing the week's adventures with you!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment