Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Roundup, and Jacks N Joe

Well, folks, life's been happening. School's been a little psycho, but my last final is Wednesday and I'm home next Sunday!

A quick recap of what I've been up to since I last blogged:


I got a behind-the-scenes look at my friend J, shooting for her fashion blog. Check it out here!


If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that my friend L surprised me with macarons from 'Lette. They were just as delicious as they looked!


My friends and I built a fort. We're still ten years old. It's casual. We hibernated in there for an entire Saturday night with absolutely zero regrets.


I made some smores. I had to run extra-far the next day... just look at that delicious, melty goodness sandwiched between those graham crackers. Yummm.

But now, to the real point of my post: Jacks N Joe. Located just off campus on South Figueroa Street, this is a place solely devoted to breakfast. I've been here a few times and thought I'd finally share! There's generally a line out of the door, but the food is fast and delicious--totally worth the wait.

I cleaned my iPhone camera lens right after this shot!

The back side of the menu is devoted to various omelettes, cereals, and drinks. It's extremely tough to decide! Normally I decide on egg dishes, but everything I've ever tasted/bites I've stolen from my friends have been delicious.


A few weeks ago, I ordered their "Seven Minutes in Heaven" french toast. Three thick slices of their homemade french toast, slathered with Nutella and topped with bananas, strawberries, and powdered sugar. My only complaint? I could have gone for more Nutella, per usual!


When I went on Thursday with my friends, I was determined to get photos of everyone's food. What I ordered is not on the menu--Jacks N Joe has their own "secret menu", and this is one of the items on it. They're loaded hash browns; a bed of hash browns, topped with two eggs any style, sausage, bacon, cheese, green onion, and aioli. Two pieces of toast come on the side. I choose to get my meal without meat, but it was nonetheless delicious and completely filling. I was comfortably full until dinner!


L got a make-your-own omelette. Price depends on what you order (she got a lot of vegetables and avocado) and sides are addition. However, as you can see, you definitely get your money's worth!

Coffee at Jacks N Joe is $1.50 for bottomless refills. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but my friends love it; strong coffee, refilled about every five minutes.


M ordered one of the combos--two eggs any style, bacon, homefries, and two chocolate chip pancakes. I had a bite of the pancakes... oh man. They were absolutely heavenly. Rumor on the street is that Jacks N Joe puts cookie dough in their pancakes (okay, not a rumor, but awesome nonetheless).

Jacks N Joe is pretty essential breakfast food; fast, delicious, and very reasonably priced. It's a good ten-to fifteen-minute walk from campus, so it's nice to stretch your legs after cleaning your plate.

For anyone interested, Jacks N Joe is located at 2498 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA. I highly recommend it.

And one last little tidbit: the LA sky a few nights ago!


Follow me on Instagram @kat_herine_w. I update there almost daily!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment